This is our Mission
“Our mission and passion is to make disciples by loving, obeying and serving Christ both locally and globally"
What to Expect
Style of dress is casual to dressy - you may see people in jeans and others in suits. Come as you are and if you get here before the service, have some coffee and donuts with us. The service is usually over by noon. Crossroads is a non-denominational church and we would love to have you!
Childcare is provided
The summer of 2012 brought the blessing of a brand new building in Talty, Texas at the corner of Interstate 20 and FM 1641, which serves as our permanent home. This is the Crossroads.
Yes, we held services in a barn a time or two
Our Core Values
The Word of God is our final and ultimate authority, which will give us instruction, correction, and guidance in all areas of life. The Bible is the living and true Word of God meant to be applied daily.
We are to passionately pursue Jesus Christ, God's son, who gave His life for us. We desire a deep growing relationship with Christ where He is exalted and glorified.
People are created to worship the one true God. We experience authentic worship through: a relationship with Christ, truth of the Word, commitment to prayer, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. We worship as a community of believers as well as living a lifestyle of authentic worship.
We approach ministry from a missional perspective. There is a brokenness in the world and the Great Commission calls us to reach the broken with the Gospel and to train them to serve Christ. Through culturally relevant evangelism and discipleship we strive to produce disciples that will, in turn, make disciples locally and globally.
We are a family focused fellowship that is bound together through Christ. With these authentic relationships we genuinely share our lives with others in an environment that is: encouraging, loving, caring, respectful and grace oriented. It is our desire that others become part of this family and experience true fellowship.
Jesus Christ was the ultimate servant and is the greatest example on serving. It is vital to the healthy growth of this community to be a servant of Christ. As servants we serve the local community and one another by willingly using our giftedness and resources in ministry to meet the needs of people.
What We Believe - Our Tenets of Faith
The Scriptures are inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, inerrant, authoritative rule of faith and conduct (II Tim. 3:15-17; I Thess. 2:13; II Peter 1:21).
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM”, the Creator of heaven and earth, and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, son and Holy Spirit (Duet. 6:4; Isa. 43:10, 11; Matt. 28:19; Luke 3:22).
The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Scripture declares:
- His virgin birth (Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:31, 35).
- His sinless life (Heb. 7:26; I Peter 2:22).
- His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38).
- His substitutionary work on the cross (I Cor. 15:3; II Cor. 5:21).
- His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matt. 28:6; Luke 24:39; I Cor. 15:4).
- His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9; 2:33; Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:3).
Man was created good and upright. However, man fell and thereby incurred not only physical but also spiritual death. (Gen. 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19).
Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- Conditions to Salvation – Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, man becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal life (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Rom. 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7). This is the birth of the Spirit.
- The Evidences of Salvation – The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit (Rom. 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life if righteousness and true holiness (Eph. 4:24; Titus 2:12).
- Baptism in Water – The ordinance of baptism in water is commanded in the Scriptures; all who repent and believe on Christ as Saviour and Lord are to be baptized. (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Romans 6:4).
- Holy Communion – The Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements – unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine – (II Peter 1:4); is a memorial of His suffering and death (I Cor. 11:26); and as a prophecy of His second coming (I Cor. 11:26); and is enjoined on all believers “till He comes”.
The Spirit-filled life is the Christ-controlled life by which Christ lives His life in and through us in the power of the Holy Spirit (John 15). Though one becomes a Christian through the ministry of the Holy Spirit (John 3:1-8), not all Christians are filled (controlled and empowered) by the Holy Spirit. Every Christian should sincerely desire to be filled by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 5:6; John 7:37, 39; Acts 4:29-32; Eph. 1:13,14; Eph. 5:18).
The church is the body of Christ of which He is the head (Eph. 1:22-23). As such the Church is a holy temple for the habitation of God through the Spirit (Eph. 2:21,11).
The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the blessed hope of the Church (I Thess. 4:16, 17: Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; I Cor. 15:51, 52).
There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the Devil and his angels, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire which is the second death (Matt. 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20; 20:10-15; 21:8).
We, according to His promise, look for the new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness (II Peter 3:13; Rev. 21:22).
Crossroads Bible Church • 9664 CR213 • Talty, TX 75126 • (972) 564-9198 • www.crbiblechurch.com